As states begin to open-up, it is more important than ever to remain focused on the safety and well-being of yourself and your loved ones. At The Shippers Group, we are continuing our efforts to maintain social distancing and frequently sanitizing throughout our facilities. We will not waver in this effort and will continue to follow the current recommendations of the CDC.
At The Shippers Group, we have worked hard to stay abreast of the latest requirements for documentation of our prevention and response efforts. For a complete list of all TSG COVID-19 Prevention and Response Documentation, visit our COVID-19 Resource page by clicking below.
This is the latest list of actions we are taking to ensure communication to all stakeholders:
- In this week’s weekly video message of May 11 from President Rob Doyle, he praises associates for their commitment during challenging times and for their efforts to protect themselves, their co-workers and loved ones. He stresses the importance of remaining focused on safety in the weeks and months ahead.
- TSG facilities are equipped with necessary PPE and sanitizing products. Every facility has a well-stocked supply of masks and associates are strongly encouraged to wear them in facilities where local orders do not require them.
- The Shippers Group’s locations each have an adequate supply of sanitizing products with guidelines in place on their frequency of use and how to properly use them.
- Procurement of PPE and cleaning/sanitizing supplies remains a priority. The Shippers Group has dedicated time and resources to ensure that we stay ahead of the needs of our facilities so that adequate supplies are available when and where we need them.
- The message this week continues to remain centered around safety and knowing when to stay home:
- If you have flu like symptoms (fever, cough, trouble breathing) STAY HOME. Call your manager and speak with them regarding your symptoms.
- If you go for a COVID-19 test, DO NOT RETURN TO WORK until you have the results. Again, call your manager and speak with them directly letting them know you’ve been tested.
- If you have been in close contact (more than 30 minutes within 6ft) with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, DO NOT RETURN TO WORK. Go for a test and STAY HOME until you have the results. Call your manager and speak with them directly.
- If you have a COVID-19 test and the results are negative you may return to work. If your test results are positive you are required to stay home for 14 days before returning to work.
At TSG, we're consistently procuring PPE and cleaning products to ensure adequate supplies are at our locations when and where we need them.
To our associates, thank you for all you continue to do daily to ensure your own safety as well as the safety of those around you. To our customers, thank you for your continued support during this unprecedented time. It is important to us that we provide you with the highest levels of customer service at all times, but especially during these sometimes challenging times. If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response efforts, please contact Diane Villafana, VP of Human Resources and Safety Compliance.