This week, The Shippers Group continues celebrating our associates across the country by recognizing the hard work and dedication of TSG associates. Associates received t-shirts and buttons recognizing them as the Essential Supply Chain Workforce and enjoyed picnic luncheons across the company. Rob Doyle addressed associates saying “ how incredibly proud I am of all of you in how hard you are all working to ensure the essential products in our facilities get out to our communities.”
Designated “Essential Service” by the U.S. Government, TSG has stayed open from the onset of the crisis operating at full capacity to make sure the food and healthcare products that we store are moving efficiently through the supply chain and into the homes of consumers.
We continue working diligently to ensure all warehouses have the proper cleaning and sanitizing supplies that are needed, and that effort will continue as we work our way through this time.
Documentation regarding our prevention and response efforts are available on our website and updated weekly. For a complete list of all TSG COVID-19 Prevention and Response Documentation, visit our COVID-19 Resource page by clicking below.
This is the latest list of actions we are taking to ensure communication to all stakeholders:
It is VERY important that we ALL continue to follow CDC guidelines in that we:
- Wash our hands thoroughly throughout the day
- Practice social distancing (6 feet apart as much as possible)
- If you are sick, do not come to work, contact your health care provider and let your supervisor know
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Wear a mask per the guidelines issued for all facilities
- If you plan to take a COVID-19 test, make sure you let your supervisor know you are taking it and report back the result of the test as well. Please stay home while you await the results of the test and if negative, you can go back to work immediately. If you test positive, you need to stay home for 14 days and come back once you have the “all clear” from your health care provider.
- If someone in your family/household tests positive for COVID-19, you need to self-quarantine and get tested. Once you have a negative result and finish your quarantine period, you can come back to work.
- Masks are now required at all TSG sites.
- This past two weeks we have seen a drop in people calling out sick and/or being around others that are sick.
- Summer is here and breathing through a mask might become hotter with the temperatures rising.
- Stay hydrated.
- Make sure all water stations are cleaned frequently during the day and that fresh clean water is available.
- Make sure all workers understand that only clear water bottles with lids are acceptable and only water is allowed in the warehouse.
- Encourage folks to use a cloth mask or bandana as they are easier to breathe through.
- Rob’s weekly video has been posted and is available by clicking here.
Stay Hydrated and Wear a Cloth Mask.
We will get through this crisis together, and we appreciate the hard work, dedication, and courage displayed by our associates daily. Let’s keep working together, looking out for each other and get through this as quickly as possible. Safety is our top priority, and we will continue to do all we can to keep the facilities clean and sanitized as we remain open to keep loading trucks with those essential items.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response efforts, please contact Diane Villafana, VP of Human Resources and Safety Compliance.