This morning the CDC reports a dramatic surge in Coronavirus cases in many parts of the United States. This may be in part due to more testing, but there is also a dramatic rise in hospitalizations across many areas. Despite this news, some states are further easing sheltering-in-place restrictions and are loosening social distancing measures put in place at the early on-set of the pandemic.
We urge you to continue to take precautions and be vigilant in your efforts to fight the virus. Practice social distancing, wear masks and wash your hands often and thoroughly.
We will continue procuring and distributing proper cleaning and PPE equipment to our facilities across the country in an effort to keep our associates safe as they work to ensure that our customers’ products move efficiently through the supply chain.
The COVID-19 Task Force at The Shippers Group continues to meet every Wednesday and on Fridays with our General Managers to ensure communication of the latest CDC recommendations, absentee rates within TSG facilities and status of PPE and cleaning supplies inventories. These meetings will continue on a weekly basis. This Covid-19 Weekly communique will move to a bi-weekly distribution at this point unless an immediate need to communicate with our customers and associates arises.
Documentation regarding our prevention and response efforts are available on our website and updated weekly. For a complete list of all TSG COVID-19 Prevention and Response Documentation, visit our COVID-19 Resource page by clicking below.
This is the latest list of actions we are taking to ensure communication to all stakeholders:
It is VERY important that we ALL continue to follow CDC guidelines in that we:
- Wash our hands thoroughly throughout the day
- Practice social distancing (6 feet apart as much as possible)
- If you are sick, do not come to work, contact your health care provider and let your supervisor know
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Wear a mask per the guidelines issued for all facilities
- If you plan to take a COVID-19 test, make sure you let your supervisor know you are taking it and report back the result of the test as well. Please stay home while you await the results of the test and if negative, you can go back to work immediately. If you test positive, you need to stay home for 14 days and come back once you have the “all clear” from your health care provider.
- If someone in your family/household tests positive for COVID-19, you need to self-quarantine and get tested. Once you have a negative result and finish your quarantine period, you can come back to work.
- Masks are now required at all TSG sites.
- Summer is here and breathing through a mask might become hotter with the temperatures rising.
- Stay hydrated.
- Make sure all water stations are cleaned frequently during the day and that fresh clean water is available.
- Make sure all workers understand that only clear water bottles with lids are acceptable and only water is allowed in the warehouse.
- Encourage folks to use a cloth mask or bandana as they are easier to breathe through.
Stay Vigilant in Your Efforts to Fight Coronavirus. Social Distance, Wear a Mask, and Wash Your Hands Often.
Despite states reopening, the fight against COVID-19 is not over. The safety and wellbeing of our associates and their families is, and will always remain, our number one priority. We will continue protocols we’ve established for cleaning and sanitizing our facilities. Together we will get through this. Protecting your mental health is just as important as protecting your physical health. Anytime, if you feel overwhelmed and need help, crisis resources are available here.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response efforts, please contact Diane Villafana, VP of Human Resources and Safety Compliance.