Since the early weeks of the pandemic, each week starts with an email from Diane Villafana, VP of Human Resources addressed to our associates. In addition to thanking our "Superheroes" for their courage and endurance in this fight, each week she shares the latest information from the CDC and reminds us of the many ways we can help keep each other safe and healthy. This week her message addressed the three W's:
- WEAR a cloth covering over your nose and mouth
- WAIT six feet apart and avoid close contact
- WASH your hands and use hand sanitizer
This week's information also reminded folks to STAY HOME:
- STAY HOME is you're sick
- STAY HOME if someone close to you is sick
- STAY HOME if you know someone close to you who has tested positive
Every week, President Rob Doyle has addressed associates via video also reinforcing the need for associates to follow the CDC guidelines, social distance and follow policies and procedures that have been put in place to help protect everyone's safety at The Shippers Group. Watch this week's message by clicking here.
Documentation regarding our prevention and response efforts are available on our website and updated weekly. For a complete list of all TSG COVID-19 Prevention and Response documentation, visit our COVID-19 Resource page by clicking below.
This is the latest list of actions we are taking to ensure communication to all stakeholders:
With the recent increase in COVID-19 cases, it's imperative right now to ensure everyone is following our CDC recommended guidelines:
- Temperature checks, at minimum 2x per week for the facility.
- Social distancing is crucial to stop the spread. Talk with your management/lead teams so everyone understands to do their best to keep their distance and reduce time talking (less than 15 minutes) in close proximity.
- Wear a mask properly
- Hall monitors: this is so important to ensure everyone is social distancing, especially around the time clocks.
Additional instructions were also shared with managers and team leads:
- Post signs provided at every building entrance notifying associates not to enter the building if they feel sick and instructions on how to notify their supervisor and next steps.
- NO unscheduled visitors are allowed to enter the building (staffing agencies, cold calls, etc.)
- All individuals who self-identify are considered private and confidential. Any information is shared in confidence on a need-to-know basis with HR.
- Masks are REQUIRED. Continuously remind associates. Walk the building and remind everyone to wear masks properly AT ALL TIMES. Non-compliance (repeated) subject to a PIP.
- DO gather your management members and make sure they are complying with the masks and social distancing.
- DO ensure your hall monitors are at time clocks, lunch rooms, entrance doors, etc. SOCIAL DISTANCE.
- DO ensure all areas (including offices) are being cleaned several times per day.
- DO ask if any other family member who lives with them also works at TSG. They need to go home as well. If they carpool, all in the car must go home.
- DO follow CDC guidelines on disinfecting your areas and to learn more.
Avoid large gatherings and limit trips to the grocery store and other public places.
With the recent spike of COVID-19 cases around the country, we are attempting to do all we can to keep our associates safe and continue the efficient movement of goods in the nations' supply chain for food, healthcare, and consumer packaged goods. We're all in this together. By everyone doing their part, we will hopefully get through this more quickly returning sooner to travel, sporting events, concerts, etc. Please wear the mask and wash your hands. Please stay home if you do not feel well. Please be safe.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response efforts, please contact Diane Villafana, VP of Human Resources and Safety Compliance.