As we manage this ever-changing situation with the Coronavirus, The Shippers Group’s primary goal is to protect our associates and their families while servicing the needs of our customers. While we continue to follow direction from the CDC, we urge you to continue to practice social distancing, wear masks, and wash your hands often and thoroughly.
With the Labor Day Holiday upon us, please do your part to protect yourself and those around you, because any activity that involves contact with others carries some level of risk of exposure to Coronavirus.
At The Shippers Group we are staying focused and continuing our efforts to keep associates safe by closely following all CDC guidelines. Our rate of absenteeism remains the same as it was prior to the global pandemic. This validates that our efforts to combat the virus are working.
Documentation regarding our prevention and response efforts are available on our website and updated weekly. For a complete list of all TSG COVID-19 Prevention and Response Documentation, visit our COVID-19 Resource page by clicking below.
This is the latest list of actions we are taking to ensure communication to all stakeholders:
- This week in Rob's weekly video, he reiterates the following:
- If you do not feel well, STAY HOME. Call your manager and let them know you are experiencing signs of COVID-19.
- Remember to SOCIAL DISTANCE yourself from other workers. Notify management if you feel this is not occurring at your site.
- Wear your protective MASK, SCARF, or BANDANA always. Be sure to cover your mouth and nose.
- Wash your hands and sanitize several times a day, especially after touching hard surfaces.
- Disinfect your work areas. If you need supplies to clean your equipment, desk, or any other surface, let management know immediately!
- Sites are being reminded of proper protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of all associates
- Sites are maintaining the proper level of PPE to ensure replenishment of items given ongoing shortages and lead times for some PPE
- Managers are stressing that associates stay hydrated, which is a key to a healthy immune system. Associates are allowed water in a clear bottle on the warehouse floor to aid in maintaining proper hydration.
- Masks are required at all TSG sites.
The COVID-19 Task force at The Shippers Group continues to meet every Wednesday and on Fridays with our General Managers to ensure communications of the latest CDC recommendations, absentee rates within TSG facilities, and status of PPE and cleaning supply inventories.
Health experts warn Labor Day gatherings could launch a new spike in COVID cases. Please enjoy the holiday weekend–carefully.
The Shippers Group has closely followed the recommendations of Public Health Officials, particularly the CDC, since the beginning of our response to the COVID-19 global pandemic. As a result, The Shippers Group is requiring all associates nationwide to wear face masks to help ensure associates’ safety and prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
We continue to practice social distancing, frequent hand-washing and recurrent cleaning/sanitization of surfaces throughout each day at all TSG facilities.
The safety of our associates is always our number one priority.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response efforts, please contact Diane Villafana, VP of Human Resources and Safety Compliance.