The Shippers Group encourages everyone to get a flu shot. In partnership with Walgreens, TSG has made the flu shot available to associates across the company. Healthcare professionals are urging the pubic to get vaccinated for influenza claiming this year it is more important than ever. Avoiding the flu this season will help preserve precious healthcare resources as COVID-19 continues to strain the nation’s public health infrastructure.
Every year thousands suffer influenza infection. While we continue to battle the Coronavirus global pandemic, getting the flu shot could help avoid a mistaken diagnosis. There is no evidence that getting the flu shot increases or lowers the risk of getting Coronavirus.
Symptoms of influenza are very similar to symptoms of COVID-19 and include fever, cough, difficulty breathing and in some cases death. Protect yourself and your family by getting a flu shot. If you do not feel well, please stay home and continue your efforts to social distance, wash your hands, and wear your mask. We hope everyone stays safe and well this fall and winter season.
We are working diligently with our facility leadership and their teams to reinforce the importance of closely following guidelines of the CDC. For a complete list of all TSG COVID-19 Prevention and Response Documentation, visit our COVID-19 Resource page by clicking below.
This is the latest list of actions we are taking to ensure communication to all stakeholders:
- President Rob Doyle continues his bi-weekly video address to associates.
- Public health officials are recommending everyone get a flu shot this year and get it early. Look for emails and flyers posted at your facility for dates and times.
- Important reminders:
- If you do not feel well, STAY HOME. Call your manager and let them know you are experiencing signs of COVID-19.
- Remember to SOCIAL DISTANCE yourself from other workers. Notify management if you feel this is not occurring at your site.
- Wear your protective MASK, SCARF, or BANDANA always. Be sure to cover your mouth and nose. Masks are required at all TSG sites.
- Wash your hands and sanitize several times a day, especially after touching hard surfaces.
- Disinfect your work areas. If you need supplies to clean your equipment, desk, or any other surface, let management know immediately!
- Sites are being reminded of proper protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of all associates.
- Sites are maintaining the proper level of PPE to ensure replenishment of items given ongoing shortages and lead times for some PPE.
- Managers are stressing that associates stay hydrated, which is a key to a healthy immune system. Associates are allowed water in a clear bottle on the warehouse floor to aid in maintaining proper hydration.
- Practice getting plenty of rest, exercise, and good nutrition.
Any TSG associate who did not get a flu shot onsite at your location and would like a flu shot, see your HR representative for a free voucher.
The safety of our associates is always our number one priority. To better ensure your health and the health of your loved ones this Fall and upcoming Winter season, get a flu shot. Some grocery chains are offering free gift cards and other incentives for getting the flu shot.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response efforts, please contact Diane Villafana, VP of Human Resources and Safety Compliance.