Next week voters go to the polls to elect our next President of the United States. If you have not taken advantage of early voting, please make plans to exercise your right to vote next Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
As you prepare to visit your polling location and anytime you’re in public, please wear your mask and social distance. “COVID-19 spreads mainly among people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), so the use of masks is particularly important in settings where people are close to each other or where social distancing is difficult to maintain.”
Coronavirus cases are on the rise in many parts of the country and concern is growing that we’re at the beginning stage of a second wave of the deadly virus. Consider getting a flu shot if you have not already. A flu shot might give a boost to your immune system that could be helpful should you contract COVID-19. Good nutrition, regular exercise, proper hydration and plenty of rest are all essential for good immune health. Please take care of your health for yourself and for your loved ones.
Since the onset of the global pandemic, The Shippers Group has relied on guidelines of the CDC and collaborated with our customers to ensure we do our part to keep the nation’s food supply chain moving. Safety is one of our core values, and as the pandemic continues we remain steadfast in our efforts to keep our associates and their loved ones safe while focusing on our mission to be our customers’ number one supply chain partner. Information is available on our website that documents our efforts and provides valuable resources to our associates and our customers.
This is the latest list of actions we are taking to ensure communication to all stakeholders:
- President Rob Doyle continues his bi-weekly video address to associates.
- Public health officials are recommending everyone get a flu shot this year and get it early. Look for emails and flyers posted at your facility for dates and times.
- Important reminders:
- If you do not feel well, STAY HOME. Call your manager and let them know you are experiencing signs of COVID-19.
- Remember to SOCIAL DISTANCE yourself from other workers. Notify management if you feel this is not occurring at your site.
- Wear your protective MASK, SCARF, or BANDANA always. Be sure to cover your mouth and nose. Masks are required at all TSG sites.
- Wash your hands and sanitize several times a day, especially after touching hard surfaces.
- Disinfect your work areas. If you need supplies to clean your equipment, desk, or any other surface, let management know immediately!
- Sites are being reminded of proper protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of all associates.
- Sites are maintaining the proper level of PPE to ensure replenishment of items given ongoing shortages and lead times for some PPE.
- Managers are stressing that associates stay hydrated, which is a key to a healthy immune system. Associates are allowed water in a clear bottle on the warehouse floor to aid in maintaining proper hydration.
- Practice getting plenty of rest, exercise, and good nutrition.
Go VOTE. Wear your mask & social distance.
The safety of our associates is always our number one priority. To better ensure your health and the health of your loved ones this Fall and upcoming Winter season, get a flu shot. Some grocery chains are offering free gift cards and other incentives for getting the flu shot.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response efforts, please contact Diane Villafana, VP of Human Resources and Safety Compliance.