The Delta variant of the COVID virus is surging across the country, particularly in the southern regions of the U.S. If you have not been vaccinated, please consider doing so. The majority of new COVID patients are people who have not been vaccinated. Many people who have been vaccinated will also get COVID, but the majority will not become severely ill.
Vaccines are widely available. If you have not already done so, please get vaccinated.
Additionally, the CDC released new information in May that prompted The Shippers Group to update policies. We are closely monitoring the current status of the spread of the Delta variant and continuing to rely on recommendation of the CDC. Scroll down to review our current guidelines.
Additionally, the CDC released new information in May that prompted The Shippers Group to update policies. Scroll down to Taking Action to find a list of our updated guidelines.
This is the latest list of actions we are taking to ensure communication to all stakeholders:
- Fully vaccinated associates are no longer required to wear a mask on premises.
- Associates who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear a mask until the CDC gives further directives.
- Mask wearing is on the honor system. We will not ask for proof of vaccination.
- Temperature checks are discontinued.
- Social distancing is not required for those fully vaccinated per the CDC.
- We will continue to monitor new information released by the CDC and modify guidelines accordingly, which could possibly result in the reinstatement of previous mandates.
- TSG's COVID Task Force meetings will continue on a bi-weekly basis.
- Guests and drivers may be asked to verbally identify yes or no regarding their vaccination status to avoid wearing a mask on premises.
- Sites will maintain proper PPE as recommended by the CDC in the event prior health and safety measures are reinstated.
- Managers continue to encourage associates to properly hydrate, especially in the warm weather months. Associates are allowed water in a clear bottle on the warehouse floor to aid in maintaining proper hydration.
- Practice getting plenty of rest, exercise, and good nutrition to maintain a healthy immune system.
COVID-19 cases are on the rise, especially among the unvaccinated. If you have not been vaccinated, please consider doing so.
Per the CDC, COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. Everyone 12 years of age and older are now eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccination, even pregnant women.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response efforts, please contact Diane Villafana, VP of Human Resources and Safety Compliance.