The Shippers Group remains vigilant in our response efforts to combat the spread of the novel COVID-19 virus while serving the supply chain needs of our customers and enabling the distribution of essential food, consumer packaged goods and healthcare products to American consumers. We are extremely proud of our associates for their sacrifice and commitment during this unprecedented time in history. Our low rate of absenteeism is encouraging, and indicates the efforts of our associates to maintain a safe environment are helping in the war against the Coronavirus. Safety is a core value of The Shippers Group and is always our number 1 priority.
As the weeks progress, we continue communicating with you via this Weekly COVID-19 Update and keeping everyone informed of our efforts. Our response continues to follow the most recent recommendations of the CDC, World Health Organization (WHO) and the Surgeon General of the United States. For a complete list of all TSG COVID-19 Prevention and Response Documentation, visit our COVID-19 Resource page by clicking below.
This is the latest list of actions we are taking to ensure communication to all stakeholders:
- Rob Doyle, President of The Shippers Group continues a weekly video message addressing our associates regarding TSG’s current efforts and recognizes the sacrifice of our associates who are on the front lines ensuring our customers’ products are reaching their customers and consumers.
- Weekly meeting of TSG COVID-19 Task Force and frequent meetings with TSG General Managers and key office personnel.
- In-depth topics covered this week:
- Face Mask and Cloth Face Covering Guidelines from the CDC
- TSG procurement and company wide distribution of sanitation, cleaning supplies, and face masks
- Installation plans for plexiglass barriers where needed at TSG Driver Welcome Centers
- Support services for anyone experiencing overwhelming anxiety and stress in this crisis
- Reminders relating to policies and protocols for:
- Social distancing
- Self identification
- What to do if someone tests positive
To healthcare workers, first responders, warehouse associates, truck drivers, grocery store workers, and everyone on the front lines and their families, THANK YOU!
Our Core Values at The Shippers Group are Integrity, Innovation, Excellence and Safety. Safety of our associates and our customers’ products is our number one priority. Since the war against Coronavirus began impacting U.S. citizens and commerce, we have tried to be transparent with our customers regarding the challenges we’re facing and steadfast in our commitment to keep the nation’s supply chain moving, because we’re all in this together. If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response efforts, please contact Diane Villafana, VP of Human Resources and Safety Compliance.