This week as we prepare to celebrate the unofficial beginning of summer and as states re-open we are stressing the importance of washing your hands and social distancing. At The Shippers Group, we are continuing our efforts to maintain social distancing and frequently sanitizing throughout our facilities while following the recommendations of the CDC and local governance.
As states open up, we may see an increase in positive cases. During our weekly COVID-19 Task Force Meeting and meetings with the Operational Teams at TSG facilities, we remain steadfast in reviewing and discussing protocols to follow when an associate tests positive.
Documentation regarding our prevention and response efforts are available on our website and updated weekly. For a complete list of all TSG COVID-19 Prevention and Response Documentation, visit our COVID-19 Resource page by clicking below.
This is the latest list of actions we are taking to ensure communication to all stakeholders:
- In this week’s weekly video message of May 18 from President Rob Doyle, he urges any associate who feels bad to stay home, contact their supervisor and get tested.
- If a family member is positive, allow worker to get tested. If results are negative, associate is expected to return to work
- If a family member is sent home for self-quarantine due to a co-worker testing positive, associate is required to get tested and if the test is negative, he/she can return to work.
- If individual is not feeling well, they should be tested and if the test is negative, they can return to work.
- Directives for Co-worker Testing Positive
- Close warehouse minimum 4 hours for cleaning
- Notify all workers on current shift & next shift
- Notify CDC for additional information
- Other Directives
- Require associates to eat in cars/outside
- Separate associates and limit seating in breakroom
- Stagger breaks and lunches to manage number of associates in lunch room
- Welcome associates at the door, keeping the door open and closed by Manager.
- Sanitizing schedule:
- Breakrooms all tables, microwaves, time clocks, vending machines cleaned every 2 hours
- All desktops, computers, printers and door handles cleaned every 2 hours
- All MHE equipment cleaned every 2 hours
- The Shippers Group’s locations each have an adequate supply of sanitizing products with guidelines in place on their frequency of use and how to properly use them. Procurement of PPE and cleaning/sanitizing supplies remains a priority.
Wash your hands frequently, practice social distancing, and wear a mask.
At TSG, we care about your safety.
As we approach this Memorial Day Weekend, let’s pause to remember the sacrifice of those who have given their life to ensure the freedoms we enjoy in the great United States. Let’s also remember everyone on the front lines fighting the invisible enemy today. We are grateful for all essential workers who are keeping us safe and keeping the supply chain moving during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Please take some time this weekend to relax with your family and friends but do it safely remembering to wash your hands often, limit yourself to small groups and social distance. We will get through this together.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response efforts, please contact Diane Villafana, VP of Human Resources and Safety Compliance.