Cases of Coronavirus are on the increase around the country since colleges and universities have resumed on-campus learning and school districts have opened with both virtual and in-person instruction options. Also as the weather is getting colder and people are spending more time indoors, rampant spread of the virus is a serious concern.
Please be vigilant in your efforts to avoid the spread of COVID-19. We’re all weary of dealing with this, but it is more important than ever that we follow the recommendations of social distancing, wearing masks, washing hands, and sanitizing.
Also, please get a flu shot. In partnership with Walgreens, TSG has made the flu shot available to associates across the company and many grocery store chains are offering free flu shots and gift cards when you get a flu shot. Avoiding the flu this season will keep you and your family happier and safer while preserving healthcare resources as COVID-19 continues to strain our nation’s public health system.
We are working diligently with our facility leadership and their teams to reinforce the importance of closely following guidelines of the CDC. For a complete list of all TSG COVID-19 Prevention and Response Documentation, visit our COVID-19 Resource page by clicking below.
This is the latest list of actions we are taking to ensure communication to all stakeholders:
- Public health officials are recommending everyone get a flu shot this year and get it early. Look for emails and flyers posted at your facility for dates and times.
- Important reminders:
- If you do not feel well, STAY HOME. Call your manager and let them know you are experiencing signs of COVID-19.
- Remember to SOCIAL DISTANCE yourself from other workers. Notify management if you feel this is not occurring at your site.
- Wear your protective MASK, SCARF, or BANDANA always. Be sure to cover your mouth and nose. Masks are required at all TSG sites.
- Wash your hands and sanitize several times a day, especially after touching hard surfaces.
- Disinfect your work areas. If you need supplies to clean your equipment, desk, or any other surface, let management know immediately!
- Sites are being reminded of proper protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of all associates.
- Sites are maintaining the proper level of PPE to ensure replenishment of items given ongoing shortages and lead times for some PPE.
- Managers are stressing that associates stay hydrated, which is a key to a healthy immune system. Associates are allowed water in a clear bottle on the warehouse floor to aid in maintaining proper hydration.
- Practice getting plenty of rest, exercise, and good nutrition.
We are all weary of dealing with COVID-19, but it is more important than ever to follow CDC guidelines.
The safety of our associates is always our number one priority. To better ensure your health and the health of your loved ones this Fall and upcoming Winter season, get a flu shot.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response efforts, please contact Diane Villafana, VP of Human Resources and Safety Compliance.