The number of COVID-19 cases are on the rise again as the highly contagious Delta variant of the virus is spreading. 25% of new COVID cases in the U.S. are the Delta variant.
The good news is that vaccines are widely available. If you have not been vaccinated, we encourage you to do so. Vaccinated people who become infected with COVID-19 after getting vaccinated have shorter cases than unvaccinated people in most cases.
Additionally, the CDC released new information in May that prompted The Shippers Group to update policies. Scroll down to Taking Action to find a list of our updated guidelines.
This is the latest list of actions we are taking to ensure communication to all stakeholders:
- Fully vaccinated associates are no longer required to wear a mask on premises.
- Associates who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear a mask until the CDC gives further directives.
- Mask wearing is on the honor system. We will not ask for proof of vaccination.
- Temperature checks are discontinued.
- Social distancing is not required for those fully vaccinated per the CDC.
- Associates working in our California facilities are required to wear a mask until June 15 or further notice from state authorities regarding California guidelines.
- We will continue to monitor new information released by the CDC and modify guidelines accordingly, which could possibly result in the reinstatement of previous mandates.
- TSG's COVID Task Force meetings will continue on a bi-weekly basis.
- Self-identify forms are no longer required by guests and drivers. However, they may be asked to verbally identify yes or no regarding their vaccination status to avoid wearing a mask on premises.
- Sites will maintain proper PPE as recommended by the CDC in the event prior health and safety measures are reinstated.
- Managers continue to encourage associates to properly hydrate, especially in the warm weather months. Associates are allowed water in a clear bottle on the warehouse floor to aid in maintaining proper hydration.
- Practice getting plenty of rest, exercise, and good nutrition to maintain a healthy immune system.
Vaccinated people are less likely to suffer long illness from COVID-19.
Per the CDC, COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. Everyone 12 years of age and older are now eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccination.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response efforts, please contact Diane Villafana, VP of Human Resources and Safety Compliance.