A record number of COVID cases are being reported following the holiday season. The Omicron variant is highly contagious, but illness is generally not nearly as severe as the earlier Delta variant. Symptoms more closely resemble that of a common cold. In the past two weeks, spread of the virus is having significant impact on the workforce across almost every industry as those infected stay home to quarantine. If you do not feel well, please stay home to help prevent further spread of the virus.
The Shippers Group continues to closely follow the spread of COVID, its variants, and the impact of the disease on our operations. As a result of the recent surge, mask mandates are back in place at all TSG facilities. Our COVID task force meets regularly to update on the status and share information so that leadership can respond to keep our associates at every facility safe.
This is the latest list of actions we are taking to ensure communication to all stakeholders:
- If you do not feel well, STAY HOME. Call your manager and let them know you are experiencing signs of COVID-19.
- Remember to SOCIAL DISTANCE yourself from other coworkers. Notify management if you feel this is not occurring at your site.
- Masks are mandatory, regardless of vaccination status, until further notice. Wear your protective MASK, SCARF, OR BANDANA always. Be sure to cover your mouth and nose.
- Wash your hands and sanitize several times a day. Especially after touching hard surfaces.
- Disinfect your work areas. If you need supplies to clean your equipment, desk, or any other surface, let management know immediately.
- Masks are no longer mandatory if you are vaccinated.
- Track and trace is required on all events. Save documents in COVID-19 folder at site.
- Restrict visitors to scheduled visits only.
- Reassess social distancing at the site, especially in common areas near time clocks, restrooms, and break rooms.
- Continue disinfecting all areas, especially common areas such as time clocks, bathrooms, lunchrooms, desks, computers, tables, door knobs/handles, light switches, etc.
- Ensure sanitization stations are operational and filled at all times.
- Evaluate COVID-19 Task Force Cleaning Crews/Order PPE
Isolation & Quarantine Protocols:
- CDC has shortened the recommended time for isolation.
- People with COVID should isolate for 5 days and if they are asymptomatic or their symptoms are resolving (24 hours without fever), follow that by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others to minimize the risk of infecting others.
- For anyone exposed to COVID-19, if you're unvaccinated or more than six months out from their second vaccine and not yet boosted, CDC recommends quarantine for 5 days followed by strict mask use for an additional 5 days.
- Individuals who have received their booster shot do not need to quarantine following an exposure, but should wear a mask for 10 days after the exposure.
If you feel sick, stay home!
Regardless of vaccination status, MASKS ARE MANDATORY until further notice.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response efforts, please contact Diane Villafana, VP of Human Resources and Safety Compliance.