Declared by Congress in 1999, the month of May is known as National Military Appreciation Month (NMAM). This month serves as a reminder to us of the history and sacrifice we have been privileged to partake in since our nation’s birth, and to celebrate and honor the men and women of America’s Armed Forces.
As the past year has brought challenging circumstances and division, this month is a time for national unity— to honor, recognize, remember and appreciate those who have served, and those who continue to proudly serve our grateful nation.
In specific, The Shippers Group would like to thank our very own Veterans. The selflessness these individuals displayed to protect our country, pours into their daily lives, and we are grateful for the impact they have had, and continue to have, on our company’s success.
Cliford Bowens, Wintergreen 1
Donald Gardfrey Jr., Jonesboro Packaging
Dale Littles, Wintergreen 1
Anthony Moore, Wilmer 2
Ivan Nieves, Orlando
Curtis Riggins, Jonesboro Public
Melissa Sotomayor, Orlando
Jerald Willis, Jonesboro Packaging
Eric Bloom, Grand Lakes 1
Rob Doyle, Corporate
Silas Edwards, Richmond
Kevin Huerta, Grand Lakes 1
Pharis Jackson, Jr., Jonesboro Packaging
Robert Marquez, Wintergreen 2
Javier Montanez, Wilmer 2
Johnny Caldwell, Grand Lakes 1
Davin Daniels, Richmond
Carl Greear, Grand Lakes 1
Kevin Holiday, Wilmer 1
Mark Wallen, Corporate
Pictured Top L-R: Robert Marquez, Mark Wallen, Kevin Huerta, Kevin Holiday, Johnny Caldwell; Center L-R: Ivan Nieves, Eric Bloom, Davin Daniels, Dale Littles, Carl Greear; Bottom L-R: Maria Sotomayor, Curtis Riggins, Rob Doyle, Cliford Bowens, Silas Edwards
“We thank all of our Veterans for their service and sacrifice for our country and we would like to show our appreciation throughout the month of May. I am proud of our efforts as a company to add more and more Veterans to our family here at The Shippers Group, an effort which will certainly continue long into the future. These individuals bring very diverse skills and experiences to our workforce and are a key component of our diversity and inclusiveness efforts. We are very proud of our Veterans and feel very fortunate to have them on our team as they add such richness and esprit de corps to our 120-year company history."
– Rob Doyle, President
This month, The Shippers Group keeps our flags hung proudly and shares our upmost appreciation for our troops and veterans. Our safety and freedom are credited to you, so this month and every month, we remain grateful for your dedication and sacrifice.
To join The Shippers Group in showing your appreciation, we encourage you to display your flags as well and thank your servicemen and veterans. To show your support as an individual, there are numerous other ways to celebrate our military this month.
Ways to Support our Military & Veterans:
- Display the American flag at your home or business.
- Show your support on social media and use the hashtag #MilitaryAppreciationMonth.
- Share, like, comment, and post on social media to shine a spotlight on NMAM events and observances.
- Ask someone about their service.
- Send a care package to a soldier.
- Reach out to encourage elected officials at all levels to recognize our military and veterans.
- See someone in uniform or know a veteran? Thank them for their service or surprise them with a coffee, dessert, or drink if they are in line with you.
- Teachers and students can honor or recognize the designated days in their (in person or online) classrooms.
- Businesses can honor and recognize the month through their website, social media, and newsletters.
- Donate to a charity serving veterans or the military.
- Reach out to a veteran or military family in need.
- Hire a veteran.
The Shippers Group is a leading national third party logistics company located in 6 states with over 5.4 million square feet of distribution space. In addition to 3PL warehousing services, the company also provides contract packaging, ecommerce and transportation management services.